Our Mission: To identify the common technical issues facing those involved in designing, fabricating and/or operating FPSOs, and to foster JIPs to tackle them for the common good of the industry. Our Vision: THE FRF will be a clearinghouse for ideas, where:
- Technical issues can be identified, commonality gauged, and JIPs spun-off where independently supported.
- Proposed JIPs can be presented to the right people in all the organizations involved at one time.
- Focus on structural/marine issues (have not branched into discussions on processing, for instance)
- Meet regularly, move the venue around the world to share the burden of travel
- Present on topical issues (e.g. corrosion, fatigue, roll, double bottom/single bottom, metocean and rogue waves, welding rules, etc), mix with information sharing and field trips to local areas of technical interest.
- Invite organizations proposing JIPs to speak (e.g. ABS, MARIN, DnV, Noble Denton, etc.)
- Include the right organizations – designers, owners, fabricators, regulatory agencies, operators, class societies.
- Liaison with related technical organizations, such as TSCF, and OGP.